Monday, May 08, 2006

letter

Imagine you are a citizen in East Berlin who just watched the construction of the wall between your house and your best friend’s house. Write a letter to your friend, which will be secretly, delivered describing how you feel and what it is like to live on the communist side compared to the democratic side.

Dear Toon,

How are you my friend? I’m sorry that I didn’t write to you during the day. I was so tired. I had to go to the funeral, because my cousin was shot for trying to sneak to another side to see his girl friend. I think it couldn’t get worst. I had been trying to get to the East side too. But I have to give up, because I heard that the Berlin wall had stretched through Berlin to separate the East from the West. Also the soldiers around the wall fear me; I don’t want to get shot though. Oh man! I miss you so much. We used to hang out together everyday, but now we wouldn’t allow seeing each other any more. I hope Khrushchev would take the wall down soon, because now my family is facing with a big problem. They are working very hard and they get paid the same as their neighbors, who aren’t working at all. You know that there are many people in my family, and we don’t even have enough food to each now. Isn’t that ridiculous? I wish I could be on that side with you, Toon. By the way, how is your family? I have heard that your family own a business and making a huge profit there. That’s great Toon, so you can buy stuffs for me, Ha ha ha! Anyway, don’t forget to write back to me okay? I hope the letter will still maintain our friendship.

With love
Amy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home